MEDLOG 0771-79657-10-75

Your character traveling throughout the Quadrant.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-02-04 09:18 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Medical Report and Psychological Profile - Liberated Borg Rehabilitation Center
Attending Doctor: Edith Pert, MD; Starfleet Medical LBRC - London

Patient ID: 0771-79657-10-75
Name: One of Twelve
Species: Borg, Human
Height: 180 cm
Initial condition: Good.

Notes:
09:18 UTC—For staff at LBRC, today will be busy. There is plenty of work to provide adjacent connected rooms for One and Two of Twelve. For instance, Starfleet Intelligence needs to install a dampening field to make certain they are not communicating thought to thought, so they learn to communicate via voice. There has been no communicade from Starfleet Intelligence regarding yesterday’s hand gesture communication, but we will keep watch for that too. One of Twelve is ready to go. Her assimilated table obtained some anti-grav additions overnight, so she expects to take it with her. I will ask Mr. Sodu to convince her otherwise. Mrs. Wegere will observe discretely most of the day, but plans to welcome them to the new room. At this stage in the rehabilitation process, conversation points of note will not be logged.

09:53 UTC—Mr. Sodu explained that One of Twelve needs to leave her assimilated table behind. Assimilating the items around us is not the way Starfleet works, and I expect that is a hard lesson for her. She agreed to leave everything behind. It will be made available for Starfleet Intelligence analysis once we determine that One and Two of Twelve will not need to be placed back into separate rooms.

12:34 UTC—Mrs. Wegere and Mrs. Luwaav greeted the two Liberated Borg with lunch today, nothing fancy, just sandwiches and tulaberry juice. Because they rely on regeneration rather than eating, both did little more than nibble at the food. They enjoyed the flavor of the tulaberry juice.

12:41 UTC—One and Two of Twelve suffered a mild anaphylactic reaction to something in their lunch. By the time epinephrine hyposprays were obtained, they had adapted. Two of Twelve said it was the tulaberry juice, but it will no longer affect them. I require additional analysis of their genomes to determine what other foods they might be allergic to. They request more tulaberry juice.

14:02 UTC—Note, Tuyo Allaron, Adm, Starfleet Intelligence
Starfleet Intelligence considers these drones to be important strategic assets. Unless Mrs. Wegere or Mrs. Luwaav objects, we believe they are ready to begin initial testing for placement at Starfleet Academy. In each of their personnel files you will find they are being sponsored with Letters of Recommendation from the highest authority in the Federation. A waiver will be added to both their files allowing them to test out of any class they can. My thought is if we demonstrate more trust in them, they will grow to trust us more, to the point they are willing to tell us about Project [REDACTED]. As for the hand gestures, analysts have placed the entire sequence through the Universal Translators. There is no known sign language similar to what they used, nor does it come close to matching any logical alphanumeric sequences in any language. Perhaps Mr. Sodu could ask them about it.

14:19 UTC—Reply to Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Sir, I have no doubt in One of Twelve’s capacity for attending Starfleet Academy or testing out of classes. What I do doubt is her ability to interact adequately with other students. If the Project [REDACTED] briefing is accurate, as suggested by Mr. Sodu’s determination of their genetically engineered origin, she has never before interacted with people who are not drones. While at LBRC, she is in a controlled environment with limited access to new faces. It gives her time to adjust to encountering strangers and being unable to hear their thoughts. With your permission, we could take her on guided tours of various landmarks to get her into public places. She will need to grow accustomed to encountering so many strangers before I would trust her to do well among students. Is your security team prepared to deal with One of Twelve if she turns out to be unpredictable? Why is the President of the Federation sponsoring two Liberated Borg he has never met?

14:37 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Admiral Allaron, I am sure you heard the answer in the security recording already, but One of Twelve explained that the hand signals were encrypted with a fractal algorithm. She also said she was explaining the [REDACTED] she discovered in the sensor data. I doubt there was anything truly malicious in that conversation.

15:14 UTC—One and Two of Twelve attempted to explain to Mr. Sodu how they adapted to the tulaberry juice allergy. PADDs were provided, with the stipulation that they do not assimilate the devices. I believe they also provided Mr. Sodu with additional information on the genetic sequence that left them vulnerable in this case.

15:52 UTC—Reply to Note, Tuyo Allaron, Adm, Starfleet Intelligence
Good work, Mr. Sodu. Keep us apprised of what else you can learn from them. Your results are faster than what we get from some of our top interrogators. I request that you continue working on this case beyond merely the genetic aspects. If there is anything Starfleet Intelligence can do to assist you, do not hesitate to ask. Mrs. Wegere, do not doubt our security team. They are authorized to shoot One of Twelve without hesitation if they believe she will become a threat. Feel free to plan some excursions outside of the London LBRC facility. She is a military strategist, so take her places of strategic importance throughout history. Consider the Great Wall of China, Normandy, Gettysburg, or any of the numerous star fort or European castle preservation sites. I doubt the nearest botanical garden would keep her interested for long. You can take her anywhere on Earth by transporter. Anywhere that requires a shuttle or starship is currently off limits.

17:02 UTC—Both Liberated Borg are adjusting their new regeneration alcoves to their personal preferences, and will regenerate tonight. Mrs. Wegere will plan an excursion to take them on tomorrow.

18:11 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Admiral Allaron, my goal when I am done here is to retire on Risa, which I am certain your agency already knows. I have no desire to continue working for Starfleet.

18:14 UTC—Reply to Note, Tuyo Allaron, Adm, Starfleet Intelligence
Mr. Sodu, Starfleet Intelligence approves your retirement on Risa. Report to my office within the hour for more details.

22:52 UTC—Note, Kutrizian Sodu
The anaphylactic reaction noted earlier today was traced back to 1q23, which appears to be a completely synthetic reconstruction of the locus. The design for these Borg expected them to obtain all of their energy via regeneration, not by eating foods. As a result, the FcεRI will interpret some food enzymes as being attacks of harmful parasitic origin, leading to a rapid immunological response and an overall allergic reaction. I plan to conduct additional study to determine if there might be any relation to PAH in 12q22-q24.2, which I do not believe will cause them problems based on my current understanding of its sequencing. Fortunately, they maintain some manner of adapting their nanoprobes to neutralize and prevent future occurrences when they encounter problems like these.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-02-03 09:42 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Notes:
09:42 UTC—One of Twelve was performing maintenance on her regeneration alcove this morning. She claims she was only adjusting the alcove’s resonance frequency interface to better suit her special requirements. Two of Twelve did the same thing a few days ago, so I’ll take her at her word. A quick check with a technician explained it has to do with the comfort level of the regeneration sequence, similar to the difference between sleeping in silk or sleeping in cotton. The assimilated table and PADD remain in the same condition they were in yesterday. Mrs. Wegere and Mr. Sodu are on hand. Conversation points of note will be logged, Starfleet Intelligence permitting.

11:19 UTC—The security team from Starfleet Intelligence is here, with Lieutenant Commander Tdurkan in charge.

11:47 UTC—Mrs. Wegere just informed One of Twelve that we plan to take her to meet Two of Twelve. The level of excitement is, well, there are probably more jokes about how Borg act when excited than about Vulcans. One of Twelve’s main concern seems to be about the welfare of Two of Twelve.

12:03 UTC—One of Twelve and Two of Twelve are struggling to adapt to communicating face to face rather than thought to thought. They are trying, though, and that is what matters. This is one of the critical moments during the rehabilitation process. We unite the Liberated Borg with another Liberated Borg they once worked with during their time in the Borg Collective, and they discuss their new circumstances and what it means for them. Sometimes it takes a few days.

13:37 UTC—Lieutenant Commander Tdurkan requested additional security. Both Liberated Borg inexplicably began communicating in a non-verbal manner utilizing hand motions. None of us knows what is being communicated between them. For all we know, it might just be a childhood game. I imagine security recordings of this will be replayed in Starfleet Intelligence analyst offices countless times.

14:06 UTC—The two Liberated Borg demanded to know what happened to the other ten of the twelve. We are uncertain if they accept Starfleet Intelligence’s answer that the other ten cubes escaped.

14:49 UTC—One of Twelve announced that she and Two of Twelve need to find the other ten of the twelve. They believe Starfleet can assist them in that mission, and asked how soon we can provide them with a ship and crew. Mr. Sodu eventually convinced them that they need to first graduate from Starfleet Academy, and work their way up the ranks before they can command a Starfleet vessel. They would enroll tomorrow if we would let them, and once again, Mr. Sodu had to explain that Starfleet training needs to be scheduled, and is not something they can assimilate. I sense this will be a long day. Mrs. Wegere and Mrs. Luwaav will need to counsel them on this decision.

18:12 UTC—Both Liberated Borg expressed frustration that we are separating them for the night. If possible, we should find a joint-room for them tomorrow. They are as close to being family as they can be.

22:59 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
One of Twelve is adapting to her liberation much faster than expected based on initial observations. She is sure of herself, and now that we reunited her with Two of Twelve, she has someone to talk to who is not a stranger like us. She also made the decision to join Starfleet, and seems to comprehend what that will mean for her. I recommend giving her restricted privileges. Let her mingle with others in this facility, meet new faces, explore, and try new things. Mr. Sodu should give her some tasks or difficult puzzles to solve. She needs to experience more things, and explore what it means to be liberated. I intend to limit my direct involvement and cut back on the frequency of my sessions, and in another week or two, I believe she will be ready for integration into society. I also noticed both Liberated Borg seem quicker to believe what Mr. Sodu tells them than what the rest of us tell them, and recommend he continue working with them daily. Sir, what is your secret to unlocking these Borg minds?

23:12 UTC—Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Perhaps you seem soft and cuddly and weak to them. You know what you’re talking about, and have much better credentials than I do in psychological matters, but is that soft touch what they really need or want? As for myself, you know my history. I might not know as much about what goes on in their minds, but I know how to get someone’s attention. To One of Twelve, I am the one of us who brings her challenges, technical conversation, and have enough of a rough streak that she can tell I don’t fit in with the Starfleet personnel she encounters.

23:20 UTC—Reply to Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mr. Sodu, you are only here because Starfleet Intelligence decided you are the best qualified xenogeneticist in the quadrant, especially when working with new species or unusual mutations. I don’t know what back alley deals you had to make to get here, but do not credit your illegal past as your key to building rapport with One and Two of Twelve.

23:22 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Whatever you say, Sir! Goodnight!
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-02-02 09:28 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Notes:
09:28 UTC—One of Twelve was regenerating when I entered the room today, but she ended the process almost immediately, and inquired about Mr. Sodu’s whereabouts, expressing a desire to talk to him. The table in the room was assimilated and converted into a large display for the PADD given to One of Twelve two days ago. Curiously, the table retains an area for the placement of food and beverages, so she understands the actual purpose for the table. While the assimilation of various items to suit the needs of the Liberated Borg who pass through our facility is not unusual, we have never seen an item converted into a design not previously created by Borg elsewhere. This table is neither fully normal nor Borg, so One of Twelve must retain enough control over her nanoprobes to be able to assimilate items into hybrid designs. Thankfully, she has not yet attempted to assimilate the wall to create an escape out of here. I request a full report on One of Twelve’s nanoprobes immediately. In the meantime, Mrs. Wegere and Mr. Sodu should be here soon. Conversation points of note will be logged, Starfleet Intelligence permitting.

16:17—Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Interesting does not even begin to describe today’s conversation with One of Twelve. I have the impression she has a question about her genome, although she has not directly asked it and I cannot at this time figure out what it might be. She demonstrated to me the differences between adaptation and innovation, and how they affect her genetically and technologically. Her example for adaptation was Melorazine, and how she reprogrammed her nanoprobes to detect and neutralize the substance at the molecular level. She then showed me how she innovated to make her immune to other substances designed to have a similar effect on her body, methohexital included. If you think you might have a future need to sedate her, good luck. I think she outsmarted you on this one. My question now is why, if she is this acutely aware of her body chemistry, is she a military strategist rather than a biochemist?

17:44 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Mr. Sodu is correct. One of Twelve outsmarted the medical staff at this rehab center, although I cannot help but wonder if she might have made minor mistakes in her innovative attempt to thwart future use of sedatives on her. She cannot possibly anticipate every molecular compound and the effects they would have on her body, and I guess some of her innovation is based on speculation. On that note, chemistry is very far from my area of expertise. What I do notice is that One of Twelve is rapidly adapting to our presence and her current location. She seems to have moved beyond the negative affects of her liberation, and is seeking new things to try. She wants to learn, despite not overtly expressing it, how we do things around here, what makes us different from the Borg Collective, and why we place such a large emphasis on the individual rather than the many. At this point, I think she is ready to be reunited with Two of Twelve, and perhaps be allowed to leave her room. Of course, Mr. Sodu summed up the problem well with his question, “why is she a military strategist rather than a biochemist?” The answer is we cannot know for certain. She is not our creation, so we cannot know the ideas that went into her design. She might be sincerely interested in experiencing the world as a Liberated Borg, or she might be playing us in the next step of a brilliant strategy. Only time will tell.

17:54 UTC—Reply to Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mrs. Wegere, I am authorizing the reuniting of One of Twelve and Two of Twelve at noon tomorrow. Please familiarize yourself with Mrs. Luwaav’s work with Two of Twelve. She has been much more amicable than One of Twelve, so I expect you will notice a personality difference between the two of them. Let me know when One of Twelve is ready for a debriefing with Starfleet Intelligence.

18:41 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
One of Twelve seems to be about as ready for a debriefing as she’ll ever be. The contents of that sensor data the other day completely altered her opinion toward us and the Borg Collective. Still, I think she refrains from mentioning things that we may not already know. Starfleet Intelligence will need to be very direct in their questions, or they probably won’t get much out of her.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-02-01 07:30 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Notes:
07:30 UTC—One of Twelve is in a visibly sullen mood, although she controls herself from expressing it with action. As expected, there was no regeneration attempt, and she kept herself occupied with sensor data throughout the night. The PADD was assimilated, either to prevent Starfleet Intelligence from tracking her decryption of the vinculum transmission data or to make it easier for her to analyze the data, perhaps even hear the voices. Dr. Tulleni requested the early start today for One of Twelve’s benefit. Mrs. Wegere will be here shortly, and Mr. Sodu should arrive as soon as security can locate him. Conversation points of note will be logged.

08:15 UTC—Mrs. Wegere ate her breakfast in the room with One of Twelve. Conversation at that point was slow, although One of Twelve did eventually try a biscuit. It seems she still lacks understanding why we would obtain our energy in such an inefficient manner, and is trying to understand the aspects of us the Borg apparently never taught her.

08:24 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
You seem preoccupied. Is there something on your mind?

08:24 UTC—One of Twelve
No.

08:25 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
One, if something is bothering you, I want to help you deal with it. You can talk to me.

08:29 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
I see you did something to the PADD. Did you find anything in the sensor data?

08:30 UTC—One of Twelve
I did.

08:30 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Can you tell me what it was?

08:31 UTC—One of Twelve
I could.

08:33 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Yesterday you asked how you failed, but I did not have the answer for you. One, did the sensor data provide you with the answer?

08:34 UTC—One of Twelve
I did not fail.

08:35 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
[REDACTED]

08:36 UTC—One of Twelve
[REDACTED]

08:38 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
[REDACTED]

08:39 UTC—One of Twelve
[REDACTED]

08:39 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
[REDACTED]

08:40 UTC—One of Twelve
[REDACTED]

08:41 UTC—Note, Tuyo Allaron, Adm, Starfleet Intelligence
Logging of this conversation is halting immediately due to extremely sensitive content. Please submit valid requests for this conversation through Starfleet Intelligence’s Task Force Omega department.

17:43 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
I am fairly certain One of Twelve is finally coming to terms with her liberation, realizing it was not something she or Starfleet did to sever that connection, but [REDACTED]. She also knows she cannot return to the Borg Collective, even if we tried to send her. Now we get to the fun part, helping her figure out what liberation means for her. I think she hoped to talk with Mr. Sodu today, but he was not present. Where has that Rigelian run off to?

23:11 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Sorry, Petralla. I had a session with a Nuvian masseuse on a South African beach last night, and was then distracted by a gorgeous Caitian. I am back now, and will be available first thing tomorrow. Admiral Allaron, would it be possible for me to have access to the complete conversation log? It may contain hints about how her genetic differences affect her mannerisms.

23:12 UTC—Automated Reply to Note, Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
Admiral Tuyo Allaron is out of his office at this time. Your request is important to Starfleet Intelligence. Please accept our sincere apology on this delay.

23:23 UTC—Reply to Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
That is ‘Mrs. Wegere’ to you, Mr. Sodu. Welcome back; see you in the morning.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-31 09:38 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Notes:
09:38 UTC—One of Twelve remains fit for medical release, but requires additional rehabilitation. Mrs. Wegere and Mr. Sodu will continue their attempts to help One of Twelve overcome the loss of her connection to the Borg Collective. Conversation points of note will be logged.

11:04 UTC—One of Twelve
Petralla, how did I fail?

11:04 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Excuse me?

11:05 UTC—One of Twelve
I am knowledgeable of the strategies used in countless conflicts by over ten thousand species. How was Starfleet able to overcome my knowledge, adaptability, and my ability to innovate with both?

11:06 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Luck, I guess. I am not a military strategist, One, so I wouldn’t know.

11:06 UTC—Kutrizian Sodu
It was more than luck. Your medical log suggests a Starfleet vessel rammed your cube’s central plexus. You have knowledge, adaptability, and innovation, but so do Starfleet captains. Whoever that captain was who rammed his ship into yours, he innovated to the situation you placed him in, and made the choice he believed was the best way to counter your strategies. What did you do to give him that opportunity?

11:10 UTC—One of Twelve
I tractored his ship into my cube, capturing it, effectively removing it from the battle.

11:11 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
How do you feel about that strategy of yours?

11:13 UTC—One of Twelve
I do not understand the question.

11:13 UTC—Kutrizian Sodu
Did you at any point realize your strategy would fail?

11:16 UTC—One of Twelve
I do not know.

11:17 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Do you remember that part of the battle?

11:17 UTC—One of Twelve
Yes. I had the voices and input of seven hundred four thousand drones. I would know if there was any…

11:19 UTC—One of Twelve
No, I cannot recall any voices or input following that ship’s attempt to polarize its hull against my tractor beam. Something happened, and I want to know what it was. What did Starfleet do that blocked me from my drones?

11:20 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
We don’t know. We weren’t there.

11:21 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
Were they your drones, or did they belong to the Borg Queen?

11:21 UTC—One of Twelve
All drones belong to the Borg Queen, Petralla. How is that relevant? Starfleet is responsible for my failure.

11:23 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
One, Starfleet Intelligence has no knowledge of any purposeful interference on our part. If you were given access to all of Starfleet’s sensor data on Borg transmissions from that battle, would you be able to determine anything?

11:24 UTC—One of Twelve
Your sensors do not detect the vinculum transmissions that I would need.

11:26 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
Starfleet Intelligence claims our sensors do pick up vinculum transmissions, although we still lack the means to decrypt them. Admiral Allaron of Starfleet Intelligence can have that data for you by tonight. They are as curious about it as you are.

11:27 UTC—One of Twelve
I am not averse to perusing sensor data. I need to know what went wrong so I do not make that mistake again. Perhaps the vinculum failed. I should devise a way to overcome that loss of control in case it happens again.

11:29 UTC—Kutrizian Sodu
You intend to return to the Borg Collective?

11:29 UTC—One of Twelve
I am Borg. I must return.

11:31 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
I know you are intelligent enough to understand we will not permit you to return to the Borg. Admiral Allaron will send you the sensor data shortly, and you can sort through it tonight. Tomorrow we can discuss what you learn. Kutrizian, would you care for another cookie?

11:31 UTC—Kutrizian Sodu
Sure, Petralla.Those cookies were great!

16:12 UTC—Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mrs. Wegere and Mr. Sodu, which of you allowed the cookies to make it into the medical report?

17:18 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Ease up, Sir. The cookies are great. Might we offer you one? Seriously, though, I believe you are missing the point. What took place there was twofold. First, we demonstrated that we take pleasure in the simple things, like eating cookies. Second, we put an end to the discussion that skirted on the edge of One of Twelve’s liberation before it could reach the point where she might have another violent outburst. I am not privy to the messages Mrs. Wegere receives from Admiral Allaron at Starfleet Intelligence during these sessions (despite having the clearance that I could), but I can tell by the wording of her statements that he believes there might be something in those sensor logs that One of Twelve needs to discover in order to come to terms with her liberation. So ease up on the perceived impropriety in this report. We need to take this one day at a time, and regardless of the methods, One of Twelve will probably turn out to be the best Liberated Borg to pass through your rehabilitation facility.

18:42 UTC—One of Twelve was given a PADD containing the sensor data provided by Starfleet Intelligence. She has the option to regenerate at any time, but is not expected to need regeneration until tomorrow evening at the earliest.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-30 09:34 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Notes:
09:34 UTC—One of Twelve only spent two hours regenerating last night, probably because she hasn’t been very active otherwise. She is fit for medical release, but requires more rehabilitation, and Starfleet Intelligence will need to decide when to move her to a new facility. Hopefully Mrs. Wegere and Mr. Sodu will be able to get good responses from her. Dr. Tulleni is closely watching them today. Conversation points of note will be logged.

13:16 UTC—Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mr. Sodu apparently knows more than just genetics. He has her talking, and at one point, she even laughed. Mrs. Wegere is taking an observer role in today’s session with One of Twelve, choosing instead to take notes, and sometimes help explain something about One of Twelve’s humanity.

16:45 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
I ended today’s session early today since I don’t want to overwhelm One of Twelve. Mr. Sodu went in this morning, handed her a PADD depicting two strands of DNA, and told her to explain the discrepancies. The ensuing conversation was lengthy, detailed, and beyond my area of expertise. One of Twelve seemed to have some idea what they were discussing, but I feel it was beyond her area of expertise too. Mr. Sodu certainly enjoyed himself. Rather than attempt offering One of Twelve a cookie in an attempt to coax her into learning to enjoy her surroundings, I had cookies and tea brought for myself and Mr. Sodu. One of Twelve can watch us enjoy the food and drink, and can decide for herself when she wants to try something. Dr. Tulleni, I request permission to take One of Twelve to a holodeck for our next session.

17:18 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
The main topic of today’s discussion was the genetic difference between One and Two of Twelve. The session was recorded, so Starfleet Intelligence can easily watch it themselves to learn more information about the genetic goals of Project [REDACTED]. As for me, I learned quite a bit about her genetic makeup that wasn’t readily obvious just from the sequencing I did earlier this month. She is eager to talk, probably since she had very few opportunities with only drones on her cube, so gleaning more information from her should not be a problem. The hard part is engaging her in a way complex enough to warrant her attention.

20:26 UTC—Reply to Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mrs. Wegere, a holodeck is out of the question. There are too many unpredictables in there, and a mere two days of calm sessions does not mean One of Twelve has earned our trust. She needs to come to terms with her liberation before we can grant privileges. Even then, I don’t know about a holodeck. I think the best I could do would be to let you take her outside under heavy guard. You’re the psychologist here, so find a way to approach the topic of her liberation without eliciting the response we saw two days ago. We cannot trust more sedatives to work on her.

16:45 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
I will do what I can. The last two attempts were direct, so tomorrow I will approach the topic indirectly. The goal will be to get her to bring up the topic.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-29 09:30 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Initial condition: Fair.

Notes:
09:30 UTC—One of Twelve was awake and pacing the room this morning. Records indicate the methohexital sedation wore off about four hours ago. There is no sign if the implant reset surgery had any effect or not. Mrs. Wegere plans to spend the day trying to help One of Twelve explore her senses and understand what it means to be an individual. Starfleet Intelligence brass indicate they will continue tracking this case from their office, and we no longer require their physical presence until One of Twelve is more amicable and forthcoming with the answers they require. Condition changed to good. Conversation points of note will be logged.

18:00 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
The difficulty in dealing with Liberated Borg usually resides in their technological dedication toward efficiency conflicting with their biological ability to enjoy their sensory input. With One of Twelve, it almost seems backwards. Her implants are designed to help her experience her existence in an almost-human way, while she biologically has a natural inclination toward extreme self-control. In other words, she is more Borg than her implants. This makes her difficult to work with. For example, she can enjoy eating a cookie, but she does so by analyzing the molecular components affecting the taste instead of simply enjoying the taste. I expect it will take a long time to help her overcome this issue.

18:18 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Mrs. Wegere, I have an idea that might help. Starting small and slowly working up to larger things might be the wrong approach. She is not engaged by a cookie or a cup of tea. I saw the recording of you giving her that cookie. She took it only to get you to stop bothering her to take it. Instead, play some games, give her difficult problems to solve, or something else that will engage her attention. Let me in there tomorrow, and I bet I can get her attention and involvement much easier than you can.

18:23 UTC—Reply to Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mr. Sodu, you are a geneticist, not a psychologist. You are only here to assist us in determining the extent that their genetic material influences their motivations. You are not permitted to have direct access to these patients.

18:41 UTC—Reply to Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
Mr. Tulleni, I think Mr. Sodu might be on to something. Consider this my official request that he accompany me during tomorrow’s session with One of Twelve.

18:57 UTC—Reply to Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Very well. If you believe Mr. Sodu can help you with One of Twelve, I will permit him to do so, but I will add a note to his service record that he is performing duties beyond the scope of his training and directive.

19:15 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Great! I will have everything I need ready by tomorrow morning.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-28 09:38 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Initial condition: Fair.

Notes:
09:38 UTC—One of Twelve appears in perfect health, but remains sedated. Mrs. Wegere recommends permitting the sedative to wear off naturally today with the hope that One of Twelve responds better to a slower recovering of her senses. The regeneration alcove is powered down, so now we just have to wait for her to wake up.

10:08 UTC—One of Twelve has stepped out of the regeneration alcove, and is analyzing her surroundings. Mrs. Wegere is on hand to talk to One of Twelve. Conversation points of note will be logged.

10:10 UTC—One of Twelve
Where am I?

10:10 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
You are at Starfleet Medical, One. We want to help you.

10:11 UTC—One of Twelve
I do not require your assistance, Petralla, unless you can return me to Unimatrix 49. I am in adequate health.

10:12 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
How do you feel about losing your link with the Borg Collective?

11:37 UTC—One of Twelve responded violently when confronted with her liberation. Attempted sedation with melorazine, but she adapted. Switched to methohexital. Sedative will work for now, but there is no guarantee it will work a second time. Dr. Tulleni will perform surgery to send a reset command to her implants. One of Twelve will then be returned to the regeneration alcove.

12:00 UTC—Note, Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
One of Twelve reacted violently for a second time when confronted with the loss of her link to the Borg Collective. There is nothing unusual about this, except that many liberated drones adjust quicker, and sometimes express relief at the ability to regain their individuality. Admiral Allaron said I should have asked more questions about Project [REDACTED] and the Unimatrix she mentioned today, but I feel that is something better left for Starfleet Intelligence to ask after she has grown accustomed to her liberation. It was very awkward when she talked to me by name. In all my previous work with Liberated Borg, they never used my name as early as the second session, and only did so after they fully embraced their individuality. One of Twelve did so in her second session in a very authoritative manner, as if she is both drone and individual at the same time. Admiral Allaron claims this might confirm Starfleet Intelligence’s suspicions about Project [REDACTED]. Because of the manner in which One of Twelve reacts to mention of losing her link to the Borg Collective, I recommend no further questions about that topic. She will have to come to terms with that in her own time.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-27 00:00 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:22 pm

AUTOMATED RECORD UPDATE
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-26 10:12 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Name: UNKNOWN
Initial condition: Serious.

Notes:
10:12 UTC—Area is being prepped for removing the patient from stasis. Regenerators are back in place. Patient will remain sedated until Starfleet Intelligence decides the facility is secure. Dr. Tulleni is supervising.

14:18 UTC—Patient is no longer in the stasis pod, and is strapped securely to the medical bed. There is a list of samples and scans everyone wants me to take before we revive the patient.

14:21 UTC—Blood and nanoprobe sample taken.

14:24 UTC—Tissue sample taken.

14:26 UTC—Hair sample taken.

15:20 UTC—Scan of implants and internal physiology complete.

15:31 UTC—Scan for implant transmissions complete. No signals detected.

16:00 UTC—Condition fair. Regenerator disengaged despite regeneration sequence not quite complete. Borg power levels adequate. Myself and Dr. Tulleni will revive the patient with Mrs. Wegere present to ask questions of the patient, to be noted in this log. Others are watching from the adjacent room, and can pass questions through Mrs. Wegere.

16:15 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
What is your name?

16:16 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75
I am One of Twelve, Primary Nexus of Trimatrix 6623.

16:19 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
What do you mean by Primary Nexus? Do you mean Adjunct?

16:20 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75
I make decisions. An Adjunct only coordinates decisions.

16:21 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
Do you mean you are the Queen of your Trimatrix?

16:22 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75

16:25 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
My name is Petralla. Do you have a name other than your Borg designation?

16:26 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75

16:26 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
May I call you One?

16:28 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75
That will suffice.

16:30 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
One, we rescued a second drone like you off that cube. Do you know her name?

16:31 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75
She is Two of Twelve, Primary Adjunct of Trimatrix 6623, Primary Nexus of Tactical Cube 01. What is her condition?

16:36 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical, per Tuyo Allaron, Adm, SI
Are we correct in the understanding that you acted as the Nexus for the Trimatrix, while Two of Twelve acted as a Nexus only for the specific cube?

16:37 UTC—Patient 0771-79657-10-75
You are correct. What is her condition?

16:38 UTC—Petralla Wegere, PsyD, Starfleet Medical
She is doing well. One, is there anything we can do to help you adjust to losing your link to the Collective?

18:55 UTC—Condition fair. Patient attempted to assimilate the regenerator attachments on the medical table. Patient was sedated, and placed in a standard regeneration alcove in another room. Minor changes to the Borg tech in the regenerator attachments were noted, and will be analyzed by technicians. Patient will be kept sedated at least overnight, but probably until Starfleet Intelligence has a chance to ask the same questions of the other drone. All personnel in proximity of patient and Borg tech are required to undergo decontamination procedures.