Vorlok's Scimitar Build

The Phoenix Divisions' tactical section for individual and team combat readiness.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

Vorlok

Vorlok's Scimitar Build

Postby Vorlok » January 28th, 2014, 12:41 pm

I finally decided to give the Scimitar a go, perhaps overdue since it's the only true Reman ship ingame, and Vorlok is a stout Reman patriot! The link to the build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?bui ... mitar_5953

The tactical consoles are placeholders for fleet Plasma consoles (2x CritH, 3x CritD).

This build balances survivability with damage output, and so far has proven out quite well. I've only been sunk once (in Starbase 24, with 40+ Klingon ships shooting at me), and even then I still placed first.

I plan to upgrade the Advanced drones to Elite when I pile up enough fleet bucks, and I may try out a fleet deflector as well, but I think the build is pretty much done as is. Current active duty officers include:

Conn Officer (reduce CD on Tactical Team)
Energy Weapons Officer (chance to reduce CD on beam special attacks)
Warp Core Engineer (chance for +power to all systems on EPTX use)
2x Damage Control Technicians (chance to reduce CD on EPTX powers)

I'm not sure what the 6th DOff will eventually be, there are a few possibilities. None are critical, so it's not a big priority.
Last edited by Vorlok on January 30th, 2014, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
daBelgrave
Leader

Re: Vorlok's Scimitar Build

Postby daBelgrave » January 30th, 2014, 11:15 am

Sorry for the delay in critiquing your setup, but building Scimitars is not my area of expertise... killing them is.
;)

For the most part, it looks fine, but I highly recommend points in Starship Sensors.
Vorlok

Postby Vorlok » January 30th, 2014, 11:24 am

There just aren't enough enemies that use Confuse and Placate (not to mention cloaking) to make a 7500 pt investment in Starship Sensors worthwhile. If it was happening all the time, I'd definitely take steps to prevent it, but right now I get hit with Confuse maybe 1-2 times a week at most (by Tholians, I think... I don't even recall who uses it).
Vorlok

Postby Vorlok » February 5th, 2014, 10:21 am

Revised, more offense-heavy Scimitar build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?bui ... itar2_5953

I may swap one of the CritD consoles for CritH, but otherwise I don't think I can improve this much more. It is devastating in STFs, I love the damage output.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » February 5th, 2014, 11:00 am

Two EPtW? When you're running the Damage Control Engineers for the EPtX cooldowns, it's hard to fit in 3 of those abilities. You may have a reason for this, of course, since those doffs only have a chance for the cooldown.
Vorlok

Postby Vorlok » February 5th, 2014, 11:06 am

Two copies of EPTW (or any EPTX) can be chained for permanent uptime of the ability. Admittedly the power payoff from the Warp Core Engineer is better with 2x EPTW and 2x EPTS, but it's working well so far. A constant supply of added weapon power makes up for the Scimitar's lower starting power levels, and keeps beam weapon power at a sustained 110-125 except when BO2 is fired.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » February 5th, 2014, 11:08 am

Ah, so you're not using the DCEs anymore?
Vorlok

Postby Vorlok » February 5th, 2014, 11:12 am

No, I'm still using 2x purple DCE + the Warp Core Engineer. It's less of a benefit, but reducing the cooldown for EPTS2 is helpful.

I plan to review the DOff layout on both ships pretty soon, make sure I'm getting the performance I want. It may be that the DCE guys can be swapped out for something else, since 2x EPTX will chain with or without cooldown reduction.