Coming in S8: Reputation Sponsorship

General discussion regarding Star Trek Online.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Coming in S8: Reputation Sponsorship

Postby daBelgrave » October 19th, 2013, 9:24 am

Good news everyone, you can put your reputation grinds on hold, and do them much faster with fewer resources in another month or so.

Per the Tribble Patch Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showt ... p?t=886641):

Reputation Sponsorship:
  • This feature allows players that have maxed out a reputation on one character to have double reputation experience for all of their alts in that same rep.
  • Characters that have reached Tier 5 in any Reputation will see a new project available in that Reputation: "Begin Sponsorship Procedures for Upcoming Officer"
    • This project costs 100 Marks from the applicable Reputation, and completes in ~5 seconds.
    • Completing this Project will reward that T5 Character with a Sponsorship Token applicable to that Reputation.
      • This Token is Bind-to-Account-on-Pickup, and is designed to be traded to other characters on your account via your Account Shared Bank.
    • This project can be repeated as many times as necessary.
  • All characters will see a new Tier 1 Project in each reputation: "Claim Sponsorship"
    • This project may not be immediately visible until a character interacts with the Reputation System in some way.
      • Even something as simple as slotting any project then canceling it will trigger the projects to appear.
    • Even though this is a T1 Project, it can be run by any character of any rank other than Tier 5.
    • This project requires just one Sponsorship Token (no other inputs) and completes in ~5 seconds.
    • Completing this Project will reward that character with Double Reputation XP in that specific Reputation, for the remainder of that character's lifetime.
      • This means that the Projects that previously rewarded 2000xp and 800xp will now give 4000xp and 1600xp.
Ranger_Ryu

Re: Coming in S8: Reputation Sponsorship

Postby Ranger_Ryu » October 19th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Slight problem is one of your characters needs to be at T5 (which none of mine are even close!)
Smoovious

Postby Smoovious » October 19th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Another reason to get people to buy shared bank slots...

-- Smoov
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » October 19th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Smoovious wrote:Another reason to get people to buy shared bank slots...

-- Smoov
I am pretty certain everyone gets 10 shared bank slots. Or is that only for gold accounts (getting 20)?
Ranger_Ryu

Postby Ranger_Ryu » October 19th, 2013, 9:14 pm

I have 10 slots I think as a f2p player (better than star wars where you don't get any!)
Smoovious

Postby Smoovious » October 20th, 2013, 12:27 pm

You only get the free shared slots by getting the subscription...

Otherwise, those of us who don't have (never had) a subscription, have to buy the extra slot upgrades (for 1000z per dozen, I believe)

-- Smoov
Arion

Postby Arion » October 20th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Arion's T5 in Nukara and Omega... But there are projects to eat his marks until this is available.

But Lil's T5 Rom rep has 770 marks just SITTING there, and I'm sure more experienced players have similar piles of unwanted junk lying about... Being able to boost an alt is a nice touch.