Light Cruiser Retrofit Idea

General discussion regarding Star Trek Online.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

Lizzy

Light Cruiser Retrofit Idea

Postby Lizzy » March 17th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Well you see... One and I got chatting about a few vague ideas I had with regard to what a Tier 5 update of the Miranda class might look like. And I wrote it all down and added some stuff of my own. So this is what I came up with.

I'd love to hear some feedback on it.
Light Cruiser Retrofit.jpg
Performance
The Light Cruiser Retrofit is a ship of extremes. It is the first Tier-5 ship to not feature a Commander level Boff slot. Compared to other cruisers, it suffers from the lowest hull strength and crew size of any other Tier-5 Cruiser, but has high Shield strength. However, its most obvious feature is its Bridge Officer slots. They most closely resemble a BoP, (with them all but one being universal), and it is this more than anything else that defines the ship. It is a true chameleon.

It's low hull strength prevents it from being a great tank, and is one of the few Tier-5 Federation Cruisers to lack any kind of cruiser commands. It's low crew numbers also make it a more tempting target for exotic damage.

A good player should be able to play to the ship's strengths, however. One of it's special features is that, in place of Cruiser Commands, it has very high Bonus power, that tailors itself to the players Class. Tac's receive +15 power to Weapons, Engineers +15 to Shields, and Science a +15 to Auxiliary. All players receive an additional +15 to Engines.

Its high shield modifier and turn rate make it easy for it to break away from combat. The Boff slots can be swapped out and replaced to adapt to the enemy, and the ship quickly return to combat again. It is also one of only four Fed Cruisers that can mount Dual Heavy Cannons. It can also mount Dual Beam Banks in any aft weapon slot. Combine this with the highest turn rate of any cruiser, and it becomes and attractive option for Tactical officers.

Science officers can also have huge fun, breaking combat and swapping out powers. With just enough Eng Boff powers, and a high Auxiliary power and turn rate compensating for a lack of Cmdr. level Science abilities, it can be an utter nuisance to the enemy in STFs and group PvP. Even Engineers who concentrate on Shield Strength and Turn rate, instead of Hull strength, can find themselves in charge of a hardy and valuable support ship.

Dual Light Retrofit Cannons

Fleet variant
Light Cruiser Retrofit 2.jpg
The Fleet variant is available for one Fleet Ship module and an additional 20,000 Fleet Credits.
Players gain an upgrade from Ensign Universal to Lt. Universal instead of an additional console slot, as well as the standard 10% increase in hull, shields and turn rate.

... [TBC]
thor

Re: Light Cruiser Retrofit Idea

Postby thor » May 7th, 2014, 10:49 am

Not bad I like it if only Cryptic would put it in.
OCEANNUT
Leader

Re: Light Cruiser Retrofit Idea

Postby OCEANNUT » June 22nd, 2014, 6:37 pm

Pretty cool stuff. A lot of thought put into it. Will be interesting to see what we will have in Season 10