Don't Have Photoshop?

Post your Star Trek Online screenshots here!

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Don't Have Photoshop?

Postby daBelgrave » June 7th, 2014, 9:38 am

It seems to me one of the greatest complaints when it comes to editing screenshots for posting is the lack of Photoshop. I have it, but many others do not. I want to see some great images being posted. Here are some free alternatives to Photoshop:

Gimpshop: This is a brand of Gimp built to closely resemble Photoshop. I have never personally tried this version of Gimp, but the features seem good enough I might consider it. *EDIT* After installing this, I discovered it also gave me a bloatware program. Fortunately, this seemed fairly easy to uninstall. During installation, you are supposed to be able to opt out, but I think I missed it.

Paint.NET: This light-weight image editing program is what you get if MS Paint and Photoshop had a baby. I tend to use it when I'm at a computer where I don't have Photoshop available. It does well, even if it lacks the extensive options found in Photoshop.

FotoSketcher: This is a great program you can use to change images into watercolor paintings, vintage photos, and more. I don't use it often, but when I do, I use it alongside my primary image editing software.

Pixlr: Web-based editor. I have never tried it, but hey, it's free!
Spomek
Leader

Re: Don't Have Photoshop?

Postby Spomek » June 24th, 2014, 1:40 pm

After installing this, I discovered it also gave me a bloatware program. Fortunately, this seemed fairly easy to uninstall. During installation, you are supposed to be able to opt out, but I think I missed it.
Yes, I downloaded Gimpshop and made sure I said no to all the add on offers. I got a clean copy with no add-ons.

Thanks One.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » June 24th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Spomek wrote:Yes, I downloaded Gimpshop and made sure I said no to all the add on offers. I got a clean copy with no add-ons.

Thanks One.
I hope it works well for you.
Spomek
Leader

Postby Spomek » June 30th, 2014, 11:09 pm

I'll have to figure it out I'm sure. And that will take time.