How NOT To Dress

Post your Star Trek Online screenshots here!

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

Razorwalker

Re: How NOT To Dress

Postby Razorwalker » August 8th, 2013, 11:00 am

Also saw this guy while getting the ss of the creepy twins
Attachments
Untitled4.jpg
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 10th, 2013, 11:43 am

From a conversation last night:
daBelgrave: the problem is 99% of people tend to have horrible costumes if they open it up like that
jacksonarryn: Hey now, Romulans have already nudged that door slightly ajar...
daBelgrave: speaking of bad costumes and romulans...
daBelgrave: there is one with horrible colors and risa flowers
gorillachops: OMG
gorillachops: Screenshot, or didn't happen
Bad Romulan.png
I'll post the rest of my costume backlog later today.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 12:19 pm

As promised, although a day late... 70+ bad costumes!
I seem to keep running into odd alien faces. Some are good, some are not so good.
I seem to keep running into odd alien faces. Some are good, some are not so good.
Alien Head.png (188.48 KiB) Viewed 8125 times
Bad Romulan costumes are a dime a dozen, or maybe even cheaper. The lighting in this pic is not so great, but you should get the idea. Alien features with a Romulan outfit is a bad mix.
Bad Romulan costumes are a dime a dozen, or maybe even cheaper. The lighting in this pic is not so great, but you should get the idea. Alien features with a Romulan outfit is a bad mix.
Ladies, Starfleet refuses to give you leave while pregnant. You're stuck wearing your tight uniform and sporting that bump letting everyone know about the parasite growing inside you.
Ladies, Starfleet refuses to give you leave while pregnant. You're stuck wearing your tight uniform and sporting that bump letting everyone know about the parasite growing inside you.
The Temporal Jumpsuit in itself is not a bad costume. Changing the colors, however, can create some disastrous results. Making yourself into a pirate at the same time, even worse!
The Temporal Jumpsuit in itself is not a bad costume. Changing the colors, however, can create some disastrous results. Making yourself into a pirate at the same time, even worse!
Bad color combinations are everywhere. Even an easy costume can have bad colors.
Bad color combinations are everywhere. Even an easy costume can have bad colors.
Some color combinations are cringeworthy, especially when they include poorly-mixed costume parts.
Some color combinations are cringeworthy, especially when they include poorly-mixed costume parts.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 12:28 pm

There is nothing wrong with Gorn, aside from the jokes or wearing blue pants.
There is nothing wrong with Gorn, aside from the jokes or wearing blue pants.
Another example of the horrors created with the Romulan costumes.
Another example of the horrors created with the Romulan costumes.
Seriously, make things match when creating costumes. Don't add on non-matching costume parts unless necessary, and even so, make sure it all goes together well.
Seriously, make things match when creating costumes. Don't add on non-matching costume parts unless necessary, and even so, make sure it all goes together well.
I could post bad colors all day long.
I could post bad colors all day long.
Men, please do not wear pants that look like you're straight out of Robin Hood. If you do, at least color them something a bit more normal.
Men, please do not wear pants that look like you're straight out of Robin Hood. If you do, at least color them something a bit more normal.
Proportions... Many players seem to be unable to get these right.
Proportions... Many players seem to be unable to get these right.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 12:37 pm

This is either a case of bad proportions, or a relic from the "big head" fad we had several months ago.
This is either a case of bad proportions, or a relic from the "big head" fad we had several months ago.
This... er... character... is not only badly sunburned, but has a bad costume.
This... er... character... is not only badly sunburned, but has a bad costume.
I have never been a fan of basketball, nor a fan of putting basketballs down my shirt. This woman, however, must love the way basketballs feel against her chest.
I have never been a fan of basketball, nor a fan of putting basketballs down my shirt. This woman, however, must love the way basketballs feel against her chest.
I cannot count how many times I have heard the argument, "don't knock naturally large-breasted women." My counterargument: There is nothing natural about your character's look when you max the boob slider and nothing else. Seriously, those are basketballs, not breasts!
I cannot count how many times I have heard the argument, "don't knock naturally large-breasted women." My counterargument: There is nothing natural about your character's look when you max the boob slider and nothing else. Seriously, those are basketballs, not breasts!
Technically there is nothing "bad" about this, but those big ears definitely got my attention.
Technically there is nothing "bad" about this, but those big ears definitely got my attention.
This guy was maybe three feet tall... with hands large enough to pleasure an elephant (random guess... I don't actually know for certain).
This guy was maybe three feet tall... with hands large enough to pleasure an elephant (random guess... I don't actually know for certain).
Big Hands.png (70.93 KiB) Viewed 8121 times
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Big shoulders... Everyone does it, few realize how unnatural it really looks.
Big shoulders... Everyone does it, few realize how unnatural it really looks.
I could go either way on this costume... it's either good or bad, but I can't decide which. I think Vedeks should not have weapon visuals turned on.
I could go either way on this costume... it's either good or bad, but I can't decide which. I think Vedeks should not have weapon visuals turned on.
It is very rare that you see black flowers outside a funeral. This Andorian, however, not only has black flowers, she has them on Risa. She puts the "fun" in funeral! Otherwise, this is a pretty good costume.
It is very rare that you see black flowers outside a funeral. This Andorian, however, not only has black flowers, she has them on Risa. She puts the "fun" in funeral! Otherwise, this is a pretty good costume.
Sometimes I think people work too hard on their costumes. Come on... almost there... just about... maybe a little change... I think it's about... And then the costume fails. Blue and white? It might work, but then it's probably better that you do not try.
Sometimes I think people work too hard on their costumes. Come on... almost there... just about... maybe a little change... I think it's about... And then the costume fails. Blue and white? It might work, but then it's probably better that you do not try.
Romulan costumes exemplify the problem with allowing 99% of the players in STO to design their own costumes. Bad colors, blue faces, aliens wearing Romulan gear... None of it is good.
Romulan costumes exemplify the problem with allowing 99% of the players in STO to design their own costumes. Bad colors, blue faces, aliens wearing Romulan gear... None of it is good.
I don't mind IDIC. In some ways, it helps alleviate tensions. Other times, however, IDIC gives us these ridiculous costumes that should never be.
I don't mind IDIC. In some ways, it helps alleviate tensions. Other times, however, IDIC gives us these ridiculous costumes that should never be.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 12:57 pm

The Bajoran Militia... Should not be wearing blue uniforms!
The Bajoran Militia... Should not be wearing blue uniforms!
This chump is fine from the waist up, but blue pants, especially blue diplomatic pants, are a bad idea with that costume or most other costumes.
This chump is fine from the waist up, but blue pants, especially blue diplomatic pants, are a bad idea with that costume or most other costumes.
Blue faces... I seem to be seeing a bunch of these lately. I guess it's a fad similar to the "big heads" we saw a couple months back.
Blue faces... I seem to be seeing a bunch of these lately. I guess it's a fad similar to the "big heads" we saw a couple months back.
It took me awhile to figure out why this is such a bad costume. Federation Orion? Bad. Orion with the arms of a female bodybuilder? Bad. But now that I look again... Wicked Witch of the West? VERY BAD!
It took me awhile to figure out why this is such a bad costume. Federation Orion? Bad. Orion with the arms of a female bodybuilder? Bad. But now that I look again... Wicked Witch of the West? VERY BAD!
So much about this costume screams about how bad it is. The sash, the pants, the boots, the colors, the... everything else.
So much about this costume screams about how bad it is. The sash, the pants, the boots, the colors, the... everything else.
Ladies, I don't care what species you are; if you're planning to wear stockings, shave your legs first! I also recommend not wearing hooker boots.
Ladies, I don't care what species you are; if you're planning to wear stockings, shave your legs first! I also recommend not wearing hooker boots.
Smoovious

Postby Smoovious » September 11th, 2013, 1:02 pm

daBelgrave wrote:Proportions... Many players seem to be unable to get these right.
Well, if we had as much control over our avatar's appearance as we do in, say, Second Life...

They just have too many body parts linked to the same sliders... :(

-- Smoov
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 1:09 pm

So you lost your eye in a violent way? We can help you with that. Sure, you'll wear an eyepatch, but only until we fit you with a bionic replacement. Also, we have dermal regenerators to help you deal with the scars.
So you lost your eye in a violent way? We can help you with that. Sure, you'll wear an eyepatch, but only until we fit you with a bionic replacement. Also, we have dermal regenerators to help you deal with the scars.
Midgits... They are always around somewhere nearby, whether we see them or not. In this case, I do not think the Formal gown is very flattering to her figure.
Midgits... They are always around somewhere nearby, whether we see them or not. In this case, I do not think the Formal gown is very flattering to her figure.
Formal Midgit.png (81.94 KiB) Viewed 8113 times
Someone needs to brighten the lights a bit so we can see better, but on second thought, perhaps that's not the best idea. Here is another midgit, a Tellerite troll, wearing the formal gown.
Someone needs to brighten the lights a bit so we can see better, but on second thought, perhaps that's not the best idea. Here is another midgit, a Tellerite troll, wearing the formal gown.
A Rigellian with that kind of tattoo? I think something is amiss. The other problem is created by Cryptic. The Rigellian face does not go well with the model torso, a problem also seen with many other species.
A Rigellian with that kind of tattoo? I think something is amiss. The other problem is created by Cryptic. The Rigellian face does not go well with the model torso, a problem also seen with many other species.
"Hello. I am here, straight from doing ice-ballet. Would you like to see the sword I keep strapped to my back?"
"Hello. I am here, straight from doing ice-ballet. Would you like to see the sword I keep strapped to my back?"
It took me awhile to figure out what those Romulan skirts reminded me of. It turns out, they look like the sequined dresses you'd expect to see on Vana White of Wheel of Fortune. Is that show even still around? Combined with Klingon battle dress... bad idea.
It took me awhile to figure out what those Romulan skirts reminded me of. It turns out, they look like the sequined dresses you'd expect to see on Vana White of Wheel of Fortune. Is that show even still around? Combined with Klingon battle dress... bad idea.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Another Romulan warrior wearing a "game show" skirt.
Another Romulan warrior wearing a "game show" skirt.
Orange? Gold? It's hard to tell what color this guy was trying to get. Either way, it really didn't turn out well.
Orange? Gold? It's hard to tell what color this guy was trying to get. Either way, it really didn't turn out well.
This seems to be a standard pimp suit. Matching colors, decent look, totally outrageous!
This seems to be a standard pimp suit. Matching colors, decent look, totally outrageous!
I think most of the colors on this costume are shades of gray, but then I'm also slightly colorblind. Sometimes it looks fine, other times, well, let's just say she should return to the tailor.
I think most of the colors on this costume are shades of gray, but then I'm also slightly colorblind. Sometimes it looks fine, other times, well, let's just say she should return to the tailor.
"Hello, I just reached Vice Admiral. Like the gold trim on my jacket? I'm still trying to earn the rank where I get trim on my skirt."
"Hello, I just reached Vice Admiral. Like the gold trim on my jacket? I'm still trying to earn the rank where I get trim on my skirt."
Nothing says "I like space bunnies so any truly-female players should avoid me" more than wearing hooker boots, except maybe demonstrating even worse fashion sense by wearing hooker boots with pants!
Nothing says "I like space bunnies so any truly-female players should avoid me" more than wearing hooker boots, except maybe demonstrating even worse fashion sense by wearing hooker boots with pants!