Something Awesome

Discussion about anything not related to The Phoenix Division or Star Trek.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

Razorwalker

Something Awesome

Postby Razorwalker » March 6th, 2015, 4:07 pm

When I began doing my videos, my only concern was to try and bring as accurate information to people as I could and to try and give people a different perspective of content on STO and other games. Never did I think or hope that I would get "fans" or "followers". The most I hoped for was that I would not be ridiculed for being an amateur (it IS the internet, after all, lol). However, after almost 400 Subscribers, almost 40,000 Unique views and multiple countries, it got me excited that maybe I was on to something. People are tired of watching videos where the host is a self important airbag that constantly promoted himself and their channel to pump up views and likes to get more income from their channel. Yes, I recently added ads to my videos, but I don't encourage people to watch them or to turn off their ad-blockers. Anyway, it seems that is the reason I get so many likes is that I am not constantly pumping my website, or constantly telling people to like or subscribe. I mention it once in each video, usually at the end. However, even with people who comment on the videos saying thanks and hitting the like button, it's nothing like what happened to me last night and this morning.

Last night, I was on Holodeck running my CE runs and got an in-game mail. The first one was a simple Hi. I replied back cautiously Hello. Never know when someone is trying to troll you :shock: I get a reply back asking if I was the same Razorwalker that did the videos. I replied back that I was. Here is what I got back in response:
[attachment=0]in-game mail.jpg[/attachment]

That was just totally awesome. Really made me feel that all the work I have done on my videos is worthwhile. Then, this morning, I had a Facebook PM from a guy in Germany. He sent the message in German with a link to Google Translate. In his message he says that he understands English OK, but can't write it very well and provided the link so I could translate his message. I went to Google Translate and first he explains why he did the message the way that he did, saying that he felt more comfortable telling me how much he likes my channel and how much he appreciates what I do in his native language. He then goes on to ask to be friends both in RL and in-game. I happily accept his friend request both on FB and in STO. I reply back to him in German and he replies back that he thought it was awesome that I took the time to form my reply to make sense in German (a lot of English terms and commons words do not directly translate into other languages) and that I had a large following in Germany! Again, this was just awesome to hear. That people from another country that natively speak another language, enjoy the work that I do :)

It just really make everything I do seem worthwhile and just wanted to share it with you all :)
Attachments
in-game mail.jpg
daBelgrave
Leader

Re: Something Awesome

Postby daBelgrave » March 6th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Great job! It's always nice to see hard work actually come to mean something.
:D