How NOT To Dress

Post your Star Trek Online screenshots here!

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Re: How NOT To Dress

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Winter jacket exposing midriff? Skirt? No stockings? Hooker boots? I expect to see her walking the drifts of Andoria in her search for "clients".
Winter jacket exposing midriff? Skirt? No stockings? Hooker boots? I expect to see her walking the drifts of Andoria in her search for "clients".
So you're a Liberated Borg, and running a nano-infection. I can understand that. It's when you add in a badly positioned tattoo, poor choice in colors, and large water balloons down your shirt that the costume becomes bad.
So you're a Liberated Borg, and running a nano-infection. I can understand that. It's when you add in a badly positioned tattoo, poor choice in colors, and large water balloons down your shirt that the costume becomes bad.
Borg... Temporal... Klingon... Pirate... This is mixing just about every cliche you can.
Borg... Temporal... Klingon... Pirate... This is mixing just about every cliche you can.
This fourteen year old should not be wearing hooker boots and mismatched clothing, or trying to pick up lonely captains. Also, she should know better than to stuff her shirt with balled-up socks.
This fourteen year old should not be wearing hooker boots and mismatched clothing, or trying to pick up lonely captains. Also, she should know better than to stuff her shirt with balled-up socks.
Although I personally do not like them, Kit visuals are generally alright. They can give costumes an interesting appearance. However, some kit visuals should be turned off for some costumes, especially things like the Diplomat uniform.
Although I personally do not like them, Kit visuals are generally alright. They can give costumes an interesting appearance. However, some kit visuals should be turned off for some costumes, especially things like the Diplomat uniform.
Here is a 3-foot tall Frankenstein. He escaped his maker, and now seeks new body parts from new civilizations.
Here is a 3-foot tall Frankenstein. He escaped his maker, and now seeks new body parts from new civilizations.
Little Monster 2.png (84.29 KiB) Viewed 8901 times
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Another 3-foot tall monster running around the quadrant.
Another 3-foot tall monster running around the quadrant.
Little Monster.png (133.84 KiB) Viewed 8901 times
That head has so many lobes, I have no idea how they managed to do that! I could, technically, play with the character creator, but why bother?
That head has so many lobes, I have no idea how they managed to do that! I could, technically, play with the character creator, but why bother?
When mining mythril is your idea of fun, perhaps Star Trek Online is the wrong game for you.
When mining mythril is your idea of fun, perhaps Star Trek Online is the wrong game for you.
Here is the type of person you expect to see on those "special" work crews designed to help "special needs" people contribute to society.
Here is the type of person you expect to see on those "special" work crews designed to help "special needs" people contribute to society.
Romulan costumes... There are many ways these go wrong, such as enhancing the boob area with magenta accents. The rest of the colors in this costume are also wrong.
Romulan costumes... There are many ways these go wrong, such as enhancing the boob area with magenta accents. The rest of the colors in this costume are also wrong.
When you're doing a drab costume, magenta hair is a bad idea. So you can't afford to wear more than rags, but you can afford luxury hair colors?
When you're doing a drab costume, magenta hair is a bad idea. So you can't afford to wear more than rags, but you can afford luxury hair colors?
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Was this matching pair intentional, or coincidental? I forget if they were in the same fleet.
Was this matching pair intentional, or coincidental? I forget if they were in the same fleet.
When I was in the Army, once or twice we had fun by doing mis-matched uniforms. Never did we come anywhere close to as bad as this, despite things like wearing underwear outside our pants.
When I was in the Army, once or twice we had fun by doing mis-matched uniforms. Never did we come anywhere close to as bad as this, despite things like wearing underwear outside our pants.
Close-cut mohawks on women? Things like that bother me, but oh well, IDIC. Also, the rest of the costume contains bad combinations.
Close-cut mohawks on women? Things like that bother me, but oh well, IDIC. Also, the rest of the costume contains bad combinations.
When it comes to mix-n-match, the Temporal Jumpsuit top should always accompany the pants in the set. NEVER combine it with something else.
When it comes to mix-n-match, the Temporal Jumpsuit top should always accompany the pants in the set. NEVER combine it with something else.
I think this guy just tasted a lemon for the first time.
I think this guy just tasted a lemon for the first time.
Bad proportions, Temporal Jumpsuit... These are indicative of a bad costume.
Bad proportions, Temporal Jumpsuit... These are indicative of a bad costume.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Which is worse, the pink Khellid, or the color-matched pink suit to match the bug?
Which is worse, the pink Khellid, or the color-matched pink suit to match the bug?
I am under the assumption this is some sort of awkward dominatrix costume. For the most part, it is actually pretty good... matching colors, floral accents, but bad hair and facial add-ons. At first glance, I thought she had a beard!
I am under the assumption this is some sort of awkward dominatrix costume. For the most part, it is actually pretty good... matching colors, floral accents, but bad hair and facial add-ons. At first glance, I thought she had a beard!
Is this good, or is it bad? I am undecided at this point, so by default it must be bad. I guess there is something strange about the Risian flowers with the robe.
Is this good, or is it bad? I am undecided at this point, so by default it must be bad. I guess there is something strange about the Risian flowers with the robe.
Seven of Nine top, non-matched skirt (colors do match, but not the material), Trill spots, hoop earrings, Mirror Universe sash... Although she did well matching the colors, she did poorly matching the uniforms into something attractive.
Seven of Nine top, non-matched skirt (colors do match, but not the material), Trill spots, hoop earrings, Mirror Universe sash... Although she did well matching the colors, she did poorly matching the uniforms into something attractive.
With a spike like that on his head, the first thing that came to my mind was a Amorphophallus titanum. Look it up.
With a spike like that on his head, the first thing that came to my mind was a Amorphophallus titanum. Look it up.
This woman is seventy years old, and still wearing the tactical gear of a twenty-two year old soldier. She needs to lighten up, and get into knitting or something.
This woman is seventy years old, and still wearing the tactical gear of a twenty-two year old soldier. She needs to lighten up, and get into knitting or something.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 11th, 2013, 2:23 pm

The final six of this batch.
Combining Romulan costume parts with the Temporal Jumpsuit with bad colors... no matter how illogical that is, someone always has to do it.
Combining Romulan costume parts with the Temporal Jumpsuit with bad colors... no matter how illogical that is, someone always has to do it.
This guy... should go back to comic books.
This guy... should go back to comic books.
Despite the top-heavy nature of this woman, the proportions are almost decent. The Orion bikini tops also tend to be formed properly so she doesn't appear to have basketballs on her chest, despite maxing the boob slider. However, I don't think the Warrior's Skirt goes well with the top.
Despite the top-heavy nature of this woman, the proportions are almost decent. The Orion bikini tops also tend to be formed properly so she doesn't appear to have basketballs on her chest, despite maxing the boob slider. However, I don't think the Warrior's Skirt goes well with the top.
Bad colors... I usually ignore them unless they're outrageously bad or when it requires tailor bugs to create, like this costume mixing uniform and formal parts. What I do not like, however, is the white knife... It looks so out of place, even when the rest of her costume is so out of place!
Bad colors... I usually ignore them unless they're outrageously bad or when it requires tailor bugs to create, like this costume mixing uniform and formal parts. What I do not like, however, is the white knife... It looks so out of place, even when the rest of her costume is so out of place!
Black and white... generally you can make a decent costume with those colors. To do so, you take one color, and make it the dominant color on ALL costume parts, with the other color for accents. Do not make black your dominant color, and then wear white pants.
Black and white... generally you can make a decent costume with those colors. To do so, you take one color, and make it the dominant color on ALL costume parts, with the other color for accents. Do not make black your dominant color, and then wear white pants.
...brainzzzzz....
...brainzzzzz....
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 25th, 2013, 3:04 pm

I don't care how much you love wearing spandex, what makes a good costume is matching materials all around. Feel free to wear spandex pants, but make sure the top is of the same material. The Mirror Universe top worn here does not match.
I don't care how much you love wearing spandex, what makes a good costume is matching materials all around. Feel free to wear spandex pants, but make sure the top is of the same material. The Mirror Universe top worn here does not match.
Red and green can be a nice combination with the right shades. With the wrong shades, however, you get this clashing mixture that stands out like a khellid on Andoria.
Red and green can be a nice combination with the right shades. With the wrong shades, however, you get this clashing mixture that stands out like a khellid on Andoria.
This is a pretty good use of the costume designer to get an uniquely shaped head. IF the individual had properly proportioned the rest of the body, the effect would be great. Misproportioned, however, the head loses its effect.
This is a pretty good use of the costume designer to get an uniquely shaped head. IF the individual had properly proportioned the rest of the body, the effect would be great. Misproportioned, however, the head loses its effect.
Normally I ignore the embellishments folks wear draped over their shoulders. They often blow without a breeze, and look funny. This case, however, we get someone wearing their curtains. I can imagine the conversation.<br /><br />&quot;Honey, where is my cape?&quot;<br />&quot;It's in the wash, dear. You'll have to make do without it.&quot;<br />&quot;Okay. I hope the fellows at work don't realize I'm wearing the curtains today.&quot;
Normally I ignore the embellishments folks wear draped over their shoulders. They often blow without a breeze, and look funny. This case, however, we get someone wearing their curtains. I can imagine the conversation.

"Honey, where is my cape?"
"It's in the wash, dear. You'll have to make do without it."
"Okay. I hope the fellows at work don't realize I'm wearing the curtains today."
Doh!
Doh!
This is one of the Starfleet Dental folks I saw on ESD a few weeks back. I generally disapprove of the things they do, but in this case I applaud their effort to quickly respond to another player's vile racist filth in Local chat. Costumes like this scream &quot;TOLERANCE!&quot;
This is one of the Starfleet Dental folks I saw on ESD a few weeks back. I generally disapprove of the things they do, but in this case I applaud their effort to quickly respond to another player's vile racist filth in Local chat. Costumes like this scream "TOLERANCE!"
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 25th, 2013, 3:12 pm

This tourist recently became lost trying to get to Risa.
This tourist recently became lost trying to get to Risa.
Robes to bind my legs during quick movements? Check. Helmet to protect me when I fall? Check.
Robes to bind my legs during quick movements? Check. Helmet to protect me when I fall? Check.
Your generic hooker from New Romulus wears pink, mismatched clothing.
Your generic hooker from New Romulus wears pink, mismatched clothing.
Another hooker from New Romulus. This time she's dressed a little more stylish. I guess if &quot;sophistication&quot; is your thing...
Another hooker from New Romulus. This time she's dressed a little more stylish. I guess if "sophistication" is your thing...
Can we please stop it with Romulan hookers wearing pink? Even without going into detail about your over-sized chest enhancements and the cannon on your back, the rest of the costume is horrible!
Can we please stop it with Romulan hookers wearing pink? Even without going into detail about your over-sized chest enhancements and the cannon on your back, the rest of the costume is horrible!
I saved the best for last... :D
Finally, the answer to all the alien threats to Earth!
Finally, the answer to all the alien threats to Earth!
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » November 21st, 2014, 7:27 pm

This giant was spotted at Starfleet Academy. I think he intimidates instructors AND cadets with his beard.
This giant was spotted at Starfleet Academy. I think he intimidates instructors AND cadets with his beard.
How not to dress? Look no further!
How not to dress? Look no further!
Coming to a gender-neutral game near you: male pattern baldness... for women! You don't notice it at first, but when you do, it really stands out.
Coming to a gender-neutral game near you: male pattern baldness... for women! You don't notice it at first, but when you do, it really stands out.
I can't know for certain if this is a couple or not, but they definitely appear related in the ugly department.
I can't know for certain if this is a couple or not, but they definitely appear related in the ugly department.
BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD.
BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD. BAD.
Spomek
Leader

Postby Spomek » January 1st, 2015, 2:42 pm

I think the guy in the purple suit is supposed to be "The Joker."