How NOT To Dress

Post your Star Trek Online screenshots here!

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Re: How NOT To Dress

Postby daBelgrave » September 15th, 2012, 10:32 pm

I guess I'll start this off with another bad mugshot. First, the head is proportioned almost as small as possible, while body proportions are as large as possible. Next we add in a nose and chin widened as much as possible. Finally, let's use some unflattering colors for the skin and spots. Overall, this is not a good character face, unless you manage to write a great bio to go with it.
Bad Face.png
Bad Face.png (417.3 KiB) Viewed 11372 times
Next is a costume with horrid colors. I don't usually post bad color combinations since almost everyone has them, but this one is very bad.
Bad Colors 01.png
Bad Colors 01.png (225.61 KiB) Viewed 11372 times
This last one is an example of the scum of the quadrant. The top portion of the costume with the robe is a very nice combination of colors. It's evident this person wants to appear sophisticated. However, she's also wearing hooker boots. They're the one thing that doesn't go with the robe.
Sophisticated Hooker.png
Sophisticated Hooker.png (137.04 KiB) Viewed 11372 times
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » September 16th, 2012, 3:02 pm

I saw this while rushing from the ESD transporter room, and initially only saw bad colors from the back. Then I glanced back and saw the face. Wow! I have no other description for this. This bad costume is very well done.
Very Memorable.png
Very Memorable.png (168.64 KiB) Viewed 11372 times
Fin

Postby Fin » September 16th, 2012, 6:12 pm

That guy in the last image. Quagmire from Family Guy? Anyone?
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » November 6th, 2012, 7:04 pm

I don't know what to say about this costume. It's either really good or really bad. I doubt you'd want to encounter a person looking like that in a dark alleyway.
I don't know what to say about this costume. It's either really good or really bad. I doubt you'd want to encounter a person looking like that in a dark alleyway.
Starfleet Academy needs a lighting upgrade so you can actually see what's bad about this costume. Super-sized heads and hair are bad. So is a man wearing the "stippled" pants.
Starfleet Academy needs a lighting upgrade so you can actually see what's bad about this costume. Super-sized heads and hair are bad. So is a man wearing the "stippled" pants.
I know women sometimes have a reputation for wanting a slimmer figure. In this case, the person went too far. Also, the Seven of Nine boots do NOT match any costume other than the Seven of Nine costume. Never mix that!
I know women sometimes have a reputation for wanting a slimmer figure. In this case, the person went too far. Also, the Seven of Nine boots do NOT match any costume other than the Seven of Nine costume. Never mix that!
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » November 6th, 2012, 7:24 pm

With a quick trip to Starfleet Academy, I have two more... Unfortunately.
With a character named Pamela Anderson, this is a good example of how not to dress. First, she's almost twice as tall as the usual character (that's me in pink for a size comparison). Then she's so thin she looks cartoonish. Finally, the face is absolutely hideous.
With a character named Pamela Anderson, this is a good example of how not to dress. First, she's almost twice as tall as the usual character (that's me in pink for a size comparison). Then she's so thin she looks cartoonish. Finally, the face is absolutely hideous.
If this uniform was white, I'd mistake this guy for the Michelin Man.
If this uniform was white, I'd mistake this guy for the Michelin Man.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » December 4th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Why is it everyone makes bad costumes in purple? Whether it's purple hair, a purple visor, or purple underpants (not in this screenshot), people seem to gravitate toward this color. Purple and hooker boots, it's a bad combination. If it wasn't for those two problems, this would actually be a nice costume.
Why is it everyone makes bad costumes in purple? Whether it's purple hair, a purple visor, or purple underpants (not in this screenshot), people seem to gravitate toward this color. Purple and hooker boots, it's a bad combination. If it wasn't for those two problems, this would actually be a nice costume.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » December 12th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Although this is not a player's character, it is a player's Android bridge officer.
Although this is not a player's character, it is a player's Android bridge officer.
brenatevi

Postby brenatevi » February 4th, 2013, 10:21 pm

I'm kind of disappointed that my horrible costume isn't here. :P
Doing my part to make sure the Dinosaurs stay extinct
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » February 4th, 2013, 10:58 pm

brenatevi wrote:I'm kind of disappointed that my horrible costume isn't here. :P
I think it was posted somewhere else, but this is the horrid look Zwicken had for a fleet Costume Contest.
I think it was posted somewhere else, but this is the horrid look Zwicken had for a fleet Costume Contest.
And now for some more of my facepalm encounters.
This mutant was spotted at Q's Winter Wonderland. I think she took upper-torso steroids and forgot about the rest of her body.
This mutant was spotted at Q's Winter Wonderland. I think she took upper-torso steroids and forgot about the rest of her body.
Black catsuit, whip, leaning backwards like a proud ghetto whore... There is no way I'm letting this dominatrix wanna-be on my bridge!
Black catsuit, whip, leaning backwards like a proud ghetto whore... There is no way I'm letting this dominatrix wanna-be on my bridge!
I suppose the whitish pants and green jacket are supposed to be festive colors during the winter holiday, but this player killed that. I cannot stress often enough. Do not use hooker boots!
I suppose the whitish pants and green jacket are supposed to be festive colors during the winter holiday, but this player killed that. I cannot stress often enough. Do not use hooker boots!
The winter jackets were a very nice addition to the game. However, mixing them with any other random costume pack does not mean you have a good costume. The skin-tight Seven of Nine pants and boots do not go with that jacket.
The winter jackets were a very nice addition to the game. However, mixing them with any other random costume pack does not mean you have a good costume. The skin-tight Seven of Nine pants and boots do not go with that jacket.
There is nothing wrong with white suits. The problem is when you make the rest of the character white. Unless your character regularly powders his hair and face, go back to regular skin and hair tones.
There is nothing wrong with white suits. The problem is when you make the rest of the character white. Unless your character regularly powders his hair and face, go back to regular skin and hair tones.
Tirjek proudly modeled this bad costume.
Tirjek proudly modeled this bad costume.
daBelgrave
Leader

Postby daBelgrave » February 10th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Here is me standing beside a small, lost child with chocolate smeared on his chin. I should have stopped and asked if he needed me to help him find his mommy.
Here is me standing beside a small, lost child with chocolate smeared on his chin. I should have stopped and asked if he needed me to help him find his mommy.
You can tell an Orion she'll need armor for protection in battle, but she'll leave her greatest weapon uncovered for easy access... her legs. It doesn't matter if she wears solid steel plates to hide her face as long as those legs are bare.
You can tell an Orion she'll need armor for protection in battle, but she'll leave her greatest weapon uncovered for easy access... her legs. It doesn't matter if she wears solid steel plates to hide her face as long as those legs are bare.
I spotted this glaringly outrageous costume on DS9. Dressed like that, he really should be at Club 47, not standing near the crowd of respectable Starfleet officers turning in contraband. Maybe he's there to purchase contraband?
I spotted this glaringly outrageous costume on DS9. Dressed like that, he really should be at Club 47, not standing near the crowd of respectable Starfleet officers turning in contraband. Maybe he's there to purchase contraband?
People often try making Cardassians. This person has the face, but badly distorts the physical proportions for the rest of the body. Also, the colors... Do not do this.
People often try making Cardassians. This person has the face, but badly distorts the physical proportions for the rest of the body. Also, the colors... Do not do this.
I'm not sure what the first thing through my mind when I saw her was. It was either, "Miss Piggy?" or, "They didn't need to add all that padding to her armor; she had enough already." I wonder what she needs those grenades for? There's no way she's fit for combat.
I'm not sure what the first thing through my mind when I saw her was. It was either, "Miss Piggy?" or, "They didn't need to add all that padding to her armor; she had enough already." I wonder what she needs those grenades for? There's no way she's fit for combat.