MEDLOG 0771-79657-10-75

Your character traveling throughout the Quadrant.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-24 14:35 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Medical Report, Kutrizian Sodu, Consultant
Patient ID: 0771-79657-10-75
Name: UNKNOWN

A week of extensive comparison of genetic material confirms these drones are clones—mostly. The greatest difference is in the gene of 3p25 that affects OXTR. The rs53576 polymorphism in Patient 1 is AG, while Patient 2 is GG. Mrs. Wegere, the psychologist assigned to this case, believes the two drones might have been conditioned by this difference to respond to each other in opposite ways, such as the second taking orders from the first, but the first not taking orders from the second, and would support the theorized hierarchy of the command drones believed to be part of Project [REDACTED]. Perhaps I should reread the intelligence file on that project.

The other finding of my analysis is that these clones are not completely human. They retain the standard 23 pairs of chromosomes, but some segments are altered with a variety of augmentations from other species or are completely synthesized. REF: Lab Report KS-298-78288-61-17 for a complete list of my findings.

I recommend the patients be removed from stasis. Continued analysis of their differences and capabilities will require observation of their responses to stimuli.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-18 17:17 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:24 pm

I have seen Borg drones before. I have seen them before and after liberation, and noticed the changes they undergo in the process. I have even proffered my services to Liberated Borg, albeit illegally, in one of the many cases that resulted in my conviction and incarceration. Despite all my past encounters, these two specimens are unlike any Borg drone I have encountered. Sure, they do have the discolored skin tone, but not as strong as normal. They also have minimal external implants, with only a small implant around the left eye, and the assimilation tubules standard to all drones. They also have hair, unlike most drones, but one of the nurses cut it short to facilitate incisions into the skull to access hidden implants.

The strangest thing about these drones would be their similarity to each other. A quick glance suggests they are twins, but with Starfleet bringing a geneticist like myself to work with them, my guess is they could be clones, an idea reinforced by the files I read on Project [REDACTED]. Starfleet probably already did a basic genetic test, so all I’d have to do is confirm their findings. The Borg Collective turning to clones to fill its ranks… the prospect is frightening!

18:41 UTC—Note, John R. Tulleni, MD, Starfleet Medical LBRC - London - Supervisor
Mr. Sodu, this is Starfleet Medical. We do not use exclamation marks in medical reports. They draw too much attention to things they should not. Please remember this is all going on permanent record.

18:47 UTC—Reply to Note, Kutrizian Sodu
Mr. Tulleni, I am only a ‘consultant’ here, and am not on Starfleet Medical’s personnel roster. I know this is going in the permanent record, but do you? What will people think when they realize you put more focus into maintaining your Starfleet Medical traditions in the manner of report-writing than into the two people we are here to investigate? The next time you critique the way I write my reports… well, let me remind you that I am here to do a job no one in Starfleet is better qualified to do. I will write my reports however I want to write them!
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-17 13:31 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:24 pm

This entry is a test of this report system. I never was one for keeping records of my patients, especially since those records could potentially be used against me in court, but in this case, I have no choice. I hope this turns out easier than I expect it will be.

All I need to do is analyze the genetic sequences of two Borg drones for the Federation, and I am free with full amnesty and a complete pardon for all past crimes from the President of the Federation. How hard can it be?

What I wonder most is what makes these two drones so special. With Starfleet liberating drones in greater numbers these days, I doubt they put this much effort into every individual. My guess is these two drones are either a new species unfamiliar to the Federation, or are some sort of anomaly that differs from the usual specimens liberated from the Borg Collective. Something must be very unusual that they would even consider releasing me from incarceration to assist in the genetic sequencing and analysis.

I now have some of the highest security credentials in the Federation, and am working in a very secure facility somewhere deep below Starfleet Intelligence Headquarters. Tomorrow I meet my patients, although they will not know it. The report indicates they are currently kept in stasis pods. I noticed several other prominent medical names were being brought in, including Petralla Wegere, who has written some interesting articles for medical journals. Perhaps I will meet her tonight.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-11 08:45 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Medical Report - Liberated Borg Rehabilitation Center
Attending Doctor: Edith Pert, MD; Starfleet Medical LBRC - London

Species: Borg, Human
Height: 180 cm
Initial condition: Serious.

Notes:
08:45 UTC—Patient had no change in condition overnight. Regeneration continues, with energy levels beginning to normalize. Lacerations and plasma burns are healing. Hairline fracture in left humerus is completely healed. Second patient arrived earlier. They look exactly alike.

09:46 UTC—Results are back. Patient is absolutely not related to any known human. Starfleet Intelligence requests both patients be placed back in stasis immediately. They are now believed to be part of Project [REDACTED], and are considered a major security issue for the Federation.

10:29 UTC—Both patients placed in stasis by orders of Starfleet Intelligence, and will remain there for up to two weeks, depending on how quickly Starfleet Intelligence can gather the experts they claim are necessary for this case. Patient condition will be monitored, but no medical reports will be written until experts arrive to further assess these drones.
daBelgrave
Leader

Earthdate 2405-01-10 13:15 UTC

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Medical Report - Liberated Borg Rehabilitation Center
Attending Doctor: Edith Pert, MD; Starfleet Medical LBRC - London

Notes:
13:15 UTC—Took charge of Borg drone patient from the U.S.S. Mary Seacole. Medical staff are placing patient in the provided stasis pod for easier shuttle transit. Taking custom Borg regeneration devices with us. Shuttle Tigerente standing by.

13:41 UTC—Shuttle Tigerente underway.

14:28 UTC—Arrived at Starfleet Medical LBRC. Patient transferred to secure area, and removed from stasis pod to continue regenerative efforts. Second patient should arrive early tomorrow. Blood sample delivered to lab for basic genetic sequencing to confirm earlier inability to match patient with human relatives.

18:02 UTC—The lab samples were adequate, but results will not be finalized until tomorrow. Still no match. Personnel from Starfleet Intelligence arrived and briefed us on their suspicions about this Borg. They intend to oversee all medical procedures performed on this patient. If the lab tests return negative, it might be possible this patient is from the Borg Collective’s Project [REDACTED]. Apparently, Project [REDACTED] is so secret even within the Collective that only three recently liberated Borg have ever even alluded to its existence during debriefing. If this patient is genetically engineered, as the information about Project [REDACTED] suggests, we will need experts to prove it.

18:55 UTC—Patient will continue regenerating throughout the night. If there is any change in condition, medical staff will contact me.
daBelgrave
Leader

Stardate 82029.06

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Medical Report - U.S.S. Mary Seacole - Ward 15
Attending Doctor: Isaac Altair, MD; U.S.S. Mary Seacole

Initial condition: Critical.

Notes:
82029.06—Took charge of Dr. Garrett’s patient. Unless patient suddenly changes for the worse in the next few minutes, I intend to change condition to serious. We should reach Earth orbit in about ten minutes.

82029.08—Condition is stable. Patient is ready for shuttle to Starfleet Medical’s Liberated Borg Rehabilitation Center in London.

82029.18 / 13:10 UTC—Patient transferred to Dr. Pert and medical staff.
daBelgrave
Leader

Stardate 82027.69

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Attending Doctor: Karen Garrett, MD; U.S.S. Mary Seacole

Notes:
82027.69—Took charge of patient. I could probably change the condition to serious, but yesterday’s events make me believe it best to keep her listed as critical. There is little else we can do for her at this point, but we need to keep very close watch on her status as she regenerates. Patient is no longer having periodic minor seizures.

82028.40—Just received a message from Starfleet Medical Command about this patient. There is no record of this drone or anyone related to her. She is definitely human, but lacks any connection to anyone in Federation records, living or deceased. It was requested that we not only keep her sedated the rest of this trip, but also that we maintain a security presence. Two security officers are on their way, although I doubt there is any real reason for them to guard a sedated patient. The message was also transmitted to the U.S.S. Walt Whitman about the other drone.

82028.76—One of the security officers tripped on the cable powering the regeneration table attachments, breaking it. Technicians are installing a new cable. Patient remains unchanged, and does not seem imperiled by the temporary loss of the regeneration field.

82029.05—Shift change. Patient transferred to Dr. Altair.
daBelgrave
Leader

Stardate 82026.32

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Notes:
82026.32—Took charge of Dr. Garrett’s patient. Programmed computer to regularly scan patient for nanoprobe blockages, along with organ and implant failure. Stasis pod remains on hand, but is unneeded at this time.

82026.53—Scans measure increased regenerative activity. The regeneration attachments for the medical table must be working. No other changes in condition.

82027.30—Internal nanoprobe production must be rising since patient’s biological and technological components are beginning to repair. A dark fluid is leaking from her assimilation tubules. It might be the Borg way of draining the body of dead nanoprobes. Fluid sent to lab for analysis.

82027.49—Lab results confirm fluid consists of dead nanoprobes and contaminated blood plasma. Liberated Borg crewmembers claim they never heard of this method to removing body waste products, but it could be an adaptation brought on by the volume of dead nanoprobes she needs to remove. Additional comment made in the lab report that some nanoprobes had four appendages per side, rather than the usual three. Might the nanoprobes be mutating? How would that even be possible?

82027.68—Shift change. Patient transferred back to Dr. Garrett.
daBelgrave
Leader

Stardate 82024.95

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Attending Doctor: Karen Garrett, MD; U.S.S. Mary Seacole

Notes:
82024.95—Took charge of patient. No noticeable change in condition. Technicians claim it will be at least another two hours before they have a Borg regeneration alcove rendered to the point they can use the spare parts to rebuild a new alcove of their own design, per Dr. Altair’s regeneration idea. I hope they succeed. Patient appears stable for now, but is weak enough she could easily take a turn for the worse. I would hate to lose a patient before I even learn her name.

82025.58—I don’t know much about Borg technology, but it took those technicians another five hours to extract the parts they need. My shift is almost half over, and I haven’t been able to do a single thing to benefit this patient. At this point, all I can do is wait and care for the other patients in the ward.

82026.11—Condition critical. Nanoprobe blockage in the abdominal vena cava; required simple microtransporter operation to clear. Obstruction sent to lab for immediate analysis. If nanoprobes are shutting down, survival is questionable. Stasis pod requested to be on hand in case condition worsens; should be here in minutes. Technicians should have custom regenerator table attachments finished by the end of the hour.

82026.22—Condition critical. Obstruction definitely was composed of dead nanoprobes. Do Borg have a way to rid the body of impurities like these? Would they pass through the kidneys, or somewhere else? Does patient even have the energy for the body to process this type of waste? Patient remains unchanged since last log entry. Custom regenerator table attachments completed and installed.

82026.31—Shift change. Patient transferred to Dr. Altair.
daBelgrave
Leader

Stardate 82023.58

Postby daBelgrave » January 24th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Notes:
82023.58—Took charge of Dr. Garrett’s patient. Switched sedative from improvaline to melorazine. The drone will remain sedated to prevent physical activity from expending energy needed for the regenerative processes. Took note of the nanoprobe oddities Dr. Garrett mentioned. That is very strange, and could hinder our attempts to save this patient. I will consult Liberated Borg crewmembers about a possible solution as soon as I check on the other patients in this ward.

82023.80—It may be possible to create a sort of rudimentary horizontal regeneration alcove around the patient’s bed, and several Liberated Borg technicians are working on the problem. If it works, great. If not, this medical ship is filled to capacity, the first time I have ever seen it happen, so we are headed toward Earth at maximum warp. We should arrive in about two days, and then Starfleet’s top doctors and physicians can attend to this patient.

82024.31—The U.S.S. Walt Whitman hailed us. It seems a planned patient transfer failed to take place before we departed the battlefield. It seems their patient has the same identifying features as this patient, so they might be twins. Starfleet Medical can determine their relation once both patients are in Earth’s medical facilities. The U.S.S. Walt Whitman will head that way once they reach capacity, another hundred casualties or so.

82024.94—Shift change. Patient transferred back to Dr. Garrett.