Favorite Episodes

General discussion regarding Star Trek Online.

Moderator: Fleet Leaders

Arion

Favorite Episodes

Postby Arion » October 21st, 2013, 3:49 pm

The mirror (universe) version of the other one- Some episodes make us grind our teeth in fury. Others are legitimately awesome- so much so the replaying them is something we do for the hell of it, rather than because we particularly need the loot or XP involved.

Some of my personal favorites:

1. Mind Game- This Romulan-specific mission is largely just walking about and clocking things- not much combat, and a very limited environment. Yet somehow, I love it. Bonus points for unlocking the "Hakeev's Puppet" title.

2. The Best Defense- For my money, bar none the most enjoyable and engaging of the Romulan-specific missions... Hunting the Elachi across Romulan space, fighting engagement after engagement. Really quite cool.

3. Devil's Choice- The last of the Elachi missions- featuring a highly entertaining battle over New Romulus.

4. Cutting the Cord- The satisfaction of tracking down Hakeev is blended into a mission with short, sharp space action combined with a ground section the allows for some interesting tactical choices in places. If you're playing a ROmulan or Klingon, it's merely fun. If you;re playing a Fed, it symbolizes the end of the interminable Romulan Campaign.

5. Second Wave- I like the Borg Conference. I like the Dominion Fleet's attack. I like the cinematic nature of the episode as a whole.

6. Cold Storage- The Breen campaign as a whole is fun for me, but this last episode takes the cake. The reveal that the thing the Breen seek is priceless to others and basically worthless to them is hilarious.

7. The House Always Wins- Klingon politics are fun! And by "politics," I mean "inter-House warfare."

8. Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'Til Morning- A satisfying, multi-layered Klingon mission culminating in an assault on the Utopia Planetia Shipyards. It 's nice to feel important at such a low level.

9. The Doomsday Device- Possibly the only Fed-Specific mission I enjoy excessively (none of my Feds have yet done all of the Cardassian missions)... nothing like using a stolen BoP to launch Hargh'Pengs down a Doomsday Machine's throat.